SBU Crime Watch: Jan. 25 – March 24

A map of Stony Brook University marked with the locations of crimes that occurred on campus from Jan. 25 to March 24. ILLUSTRATED BY BRITTNEY DIETZ/THE STATESMAN

All reports are taken directly from the University Police Department and cannot be independently verified by The Statesman. 

On Thursday, Jan. 25, there was a report of a missing Apple watch in Gershwin Hall. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Thursday, Jan. 25, a patient struck an employee in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate.

On Thursday, Jan. 25, there was a report of past inappropriate conduct from a patient in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate.  

On Saturday, Jan. 27, there was a report of a missing food delivery in Hand Hall. The case was closed by student referral. 

On Sunday, Jan. 28, a patient kicked an employee in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Monday, Jan. 29, there was a report of a patient causing a disturbance in Stony Brook University Hospital. The patient was arrested for criminal nuisance. 

On Monday, Jan. 29, there was a report of a damaged parked and unattended vehicle in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed. 

On Tuesday, Jan. 30, a patient pushed a staff member of Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Tuesday, Jan. 30, a patient struck an employee in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Tuesday, Jan. 30, there was a report of a missing wallet that was later located by the owner on the Zebra Path between Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library and Frey Hall. The case was closed and unfounded.

On Tuesday, Jan. 30, there was a report of an online scam in Stony Brook Union. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Wednesday, Jan. 31, there was a report of missing laundry items in Dewey Hall. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Thursday, Feb. 1, there was a report of a missing workout belt in the Walter J. Hawrys Campus Recreation Center. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Thursday, Feb. 1, a juvenile female in Stony Brook University Hospital refused to leave with her mother after being discharged from the Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP). The juvenile was readmitted to the CPEP. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Friday, Feb. 2, there was a report of damage done to a parked car in the Stony Brook University Hospital Garage. An MV104 accident report was completed, and the case was closed.

On Friday, Feb. 2, there was a report of property taken from a staff member’s desk in the Basic Sciences Tower. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Friday, Feb. 2, there was a report of missing property from a locker in Walter J. Hawrys Campus Recreation Center and unauthorized charges on a credit card. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Friday, Feb. 2, there was a report of an arrest for possession of an airsoft gun on campus in the Stony Brook University Administration Loop.

On Saturday, Feb. 3, there was a report of missing items from a dorm room in Chinn Hall. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate.

On Sunday, Feb. 4, a vehicle drove through a gate arm at Stony Brook University Hospital Garage Parking Lot. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Monday, Feb. 5, there was a report of an online scam in the Charles B. Wang Center. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Monday, Feb. 5, there was a report of a social media scam in Stony Brook University Police Headquarters. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Monday, Feb 5, there was a report of a concerning email sent by an affiliate in Long Island State Veterans Home. The case was closed by investigation.

On Wednesday, Feb. 7, a juvenile patient struck a nurse in Stony Brook University Hospital. The patient was issued a field appearance ticket, and the case was closed by arrest.

On Wednesday, Feb. 7, there was a report of a threatening phone call from an unknown caller in Dutchess Hall. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Wednesday, Feb. 7, there was a report of a damaged phone by a patient in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Wednesday, Feb. 7, there was a report of a criminal tampering complaint in the Jacob K. Javits Lecture Center. The case was closed and unfounded. 

On Thursday, Feb. 8, there was a report of a missing stop sign in Tabler Drive Basketball Courts. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Thursday, Feb. 8, there was a report of a domestic incident in Stony Brook University Hospital Pavilion. A domestic incident report was completed, and the case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Thursday, Feb. 8, there was a report of a cup taken from Starbucks in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Friday, Feb. 9, there was a report of missing items from a dorm room in Douglass Hall. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate.

On Friday, Feb. 9, there was a report of missing food items from a shared office in the Heavy Engineering building. The prosecution declined, and the case was closed by investigation. 

On Friday, Feb. 9, there was a report of a student being forcibly touched in his dorm room in Lauterbur Hall. The case was closed by student referral. 

On Friday, Feb. 9, there was a report of a phone scam in West J Hall. The case was closed by investigation.

On Monday, Feb. 12, there was a report of unauthorized credit card charges in Dutchess Hall. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Monday, Feb. 12, there was a report of a missing cell phone in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed and unfounded. 

On Monday, Feb. 12, a patient struck two employees in Stony Brook University Hospital. A civilian arrest was completed.

On Wednesday, Feb. 14, there was a report of a missing notebook and U.S. currency in East Side Dining. The case was closed and unfounded. 

On Wednesday, Feb. 14, there was a report of a physician’s complaint regarding an uncomfortable patient interaction in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Thursday, Feb. 15, there was a report of a missing electric scooter in Wagner Hall. The case was closed by investigation.

On Friday, Feb. 16, there was a report of a parking services vehicle boot tampered with in Old H P-Lot. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Friday, Feb. 16, there was a report of a threatening phone call in the Department of Environmental Conservation. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Saturday, Feb. 17, there was a report of a missing cardholder in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Saturday, Feb. 17, there was a report of a past tense missing backpack containing multiple items in Frey Hall. The case was closed by investigation.

On Monday, Feb. 19, there was a report of an attempted larceny of a stop sign in Kelly Quad. The case was closed by student referral. 

On Monday, Feb. 19, there was a report of a larceny of a stolen Stony Brook ID and charges on dining dollars on account in the Light Engineering building. The case was closed by investigation.

On Tuesday, Feb. 20, there was a report of a missing bike from the LIRR. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Tuesday, Feb. 20, there was a report of a patient striking another patient in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, there was a report of missing items from a package in Dutchess Hall. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, there was a report of stolen dental equipment in Westchester Hall. The case is still open. 

On Thursday, Feb. 22, there was a report of damage to an office chair in Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library. The case was closed and unfounded. 

On Thursday, Feb. 22, there was a report of a student receiving unwanted calls and messages from another student in Dutchess Hall. A ticket was issued and an arrest was made. 

On Friday, Feb. 23, there was a report of a missing electric scooter in Walter J. Hawrys Campus Recreation Center. The case was closed by investigation.

On Friday, Feb. 23, there was a report of lost keys in Hendrix Hall. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Sunday, Feb. 25, a student reported an incident of attempted extortion in Wagner Hall. The student was transported to CPEP. The case was closed by investigation.

On Tuesday, Feb. 27, there was a report of a domestic incident that resulted in an arrest for a violation of an order of protection in Stony Brook University Hospital. 

On Tuesday, Feb. 27, there was a report of a missing license plate and bracket off a motorcycle in Benedict Hall. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Tuesday, Feb. 27, there was a report of a missing electric scooter in the Walter J. Hawrys Campus Recreation Center. An arrest was made.

On Wednesday, Feb. 28, there was a report of a patient who damaged a picture frame in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Thursday, Feb. 29, there was a report of a past tense altercation between a valet employee and an unknown individual in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed.

On Thursday, Feb. 29, there was a report of damage found on a parked car in the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) Parking Lot. The case was closed by investigation.

On Thursday, Feb. 29, there was a report of suspicious activity within the Executive parking cashier system in Stony Brook University Hospital Garage. The case is still open. 

On Friday, March 1, there was a report of criminal tampering with a Rhino H10 vehicle boot in Old H Lot. The case was closed by student referral. 

On Friday, March 1, there was a report of an unknown person attempting to enter a dorm room in Yang Hall. The individual was gone on arrival and the case was closed by investigation. 

On Saturday, March 2, there was a report of a social media scam in Ammann Hall. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Saturday, March 2, there was a report of damage to a student’s property in Tubman Hall. The case is still open. 

On Saturday, March 2, there was a report of a past tense incident of a patient kicking a staff member in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Saturday, March 2, there was a report of an attempted larceny of a sign in the Stony Brook University Union Building. The sign was recovered, and the case was closed by student referral. 

On Sunday, March 3, there was a report of a missing scooter in O’Neill Hall. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate.

On Tuesday, March 5, there was a report of a physical altercation between a student and an unidentified individual in the Student Activities Center. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Tuesday, March 5, there was a report of a missing motorized scooter in the Indoor Sports Complex. An arrest was made. 

On Wednesday, March 6, there was a report of a missing sign on John S. Toll Drive. The case was closed by student referral. 

On Wednesday, March 6, there was a report of past damage to property by a patient in Stony Brook University Hospital. An arrest was made. 

On Wednesday, March 6, there was a report of an online scam in Hand Hall. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Wednesday, March 6, there was a report of a past-tense larceny of a scooter in the Indoor Sports Complex. The case was closed by investigation.

On Thursday, March 7, there was a report of a past tense car hit in the parking lot of Stony Brook University Hospital Garage. The case was closed. 

On Thursday, March 7, there was a report of a patient striking and spitting on two employees in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Thursday, March 7, there was a report of missing candles in Chavez Hall. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Friday, March 8, there was a report of a missing clothing item in Dewey Hall. The item was located and the case was closed and unfounded.

On Saturday, March 9, there was a report of a patient who hit an employee with a bag of property in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate.

On Sunday, March 10, there was a report of a traffic stop in the Health Sciences Drive. The defendant was released on three uniform traffic tickets.

On Sunday, March 10, there was a report of a patient causing damage to State property in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Monday, March 11, there was a report of larceny in the Indoor Sports Complex and an arrest was made. 

On Monday, March 11, there was a report of a student being harassed by a visiting scholar in Dutchess Hall. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Monday, March 11, there was a report of a stolen electric scooter in the Chemistry Building. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Tuesday, March 12, there was a report of a patient striking a staff member in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Tuesday, March 12, there was a report of two residents in an altercation in Long Island State Veterans Home. Both residents were transported to Stony Brook University Hospital for an evaluation. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Wednesday, March 13, there was a report of a phone scam; no theft or threats were made in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Thursday, March 14, there was a report of a past tense patient spitting on staff members in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Friday, March 15, there was a report of a stolen electric bike in the Indoor Sports Complex. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Friday, March 15, there was a report of a found wallet that is missing cash in South Campus. The case is still open.

On Friday, March 15, an individual not affiliated with Stony Brook was arrested in Dutchess Hall for possession of burglar tools.

On Saturday, March 16, there was a report of a stolen electric scooter and broken bike lock in the Stony Brook LIRR Parking Lot. The case was closed by investigation. 

On Wednesday, March 20, there was a report of damage done to the interior of a parked vehicle in South P Lot. The case is still open.

On Thursday, March 21, there was a report of a missing electric scooter in Benedict Hall. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Thursday, March 21, there was a report of computer tampering in the Dental Clinics. The case is still open. 

On Thursday, March 21, there was a report of past-tense theft of a scooter in the Student Activities Center Bus Loop. The case is still open. 

On Friday, March 22, there was a report of an altercation between two patients in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Friday, March 22, there was a report of a patient damaging state property in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Saturday, March 23, there was a report of possible theft of an electric scooter in Tubman Hall. A larceny affidavit was completed and the case is still open. 

On Saturday, March 23, there was a report of an individual (non-affiliate) who was arrested for driving under the influence in RT 25A. 

On Saturday, March 23, there was a past tense dispute between two employees in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed by referral. 

On Sunday, March 24, there was a report of an individual (non-affiliate) who was arrested for driving under the influence in Circle Road in front of the Life Science Building.