SBU Crime Watch: Nov. 18 – Nov. 24

A map of Stony Brook University marked with the locations of crimes that occurred on campus from Saturday, Nov 18. to Friday, Nov 24. ILLUSTRATED BY BRITTNEY DIETZ/THE STATESMAN

All reports are taken directly from the University Police Department and cannot be independently verified by The Statesman. 

On Saturday, Nov. 18, there was a report of missing kitchen scissors last seen on Oct. 30 in Chapin Hall. The case was closed by investigation.

On Monday, Nov. 20, a patient struck another patient in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate.

On Monday, Nov. 20, there was a report of a phone scam in the Centers for Molecular Medicine. The case was closed and referred to another agency.

On Tuesday, Nov. 21, there was a report of a missing pair of jeans and dorm key in the Walter J. Hawrys Campus Recreation Center. The case is still open.

On Tuesday, Nov. 21, a dispute was reported between a motorist and pedestrian in a motor vehicle accident at Circle Road and Engineering Drive. An MV-104 was completed, and no injuries were reported. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate, and there was a student referral.

On Wednesday, Nov. 22, a social media scam was reported in Greeley Hall. The case is still open, and the victim was transported to the Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program. 

On Wednesday, Nov. 22, there was a report of a vehicle driving through a gate arm, damaging the Stony Brook University Hospital parking garage. The case is still open.

On Thursday, Nov. 23, a patient slapped a staff member on the arm in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate.

On Friday, Nov. 24, a patient struck three employees in Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victims refused to cooperate.