SBU Crime Watch: Sept. 28 – Oct. 12, 2021

A map of Stony Brook University marked with the locations of crimes that occurred on campus from Thursday, Sept. 28 to Thursday, Oct. 12. GRAPHIC BY KAT PROCACCI

All reports are taken directly from the University Police Department and cannot be independently verified by The Statesman. 

On Tuesday, Sept. 28, a suspicious individual was spotted in the Mendelsohn Community parking lot. They fled the scene before the police arrived. The individual was later arrested. 

On Tuesday, Sept. 28, a student reported receiving unwanted emails and contact from an individual at the Student Union.

On Thursday, Sept. 30, a car parked in the University Hospital parking lot was graffitied. 

On Thursday, Sept. 30, a visitor at the University Hospital damaged a door in an attempt to gain unauthorized access to a patient. Prosecution was declined.

On Thursday, Sept. 30, a patient damaged a wall at the University Hospital. Prosecution was declined.

On Saturday, Oct. 2, a bathroom soap dispenser was damaged at Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium. 

On Tuesday, Oct. 5, damage to a card reader in the Health Sciences Center parking lot was reported.

On Tuesday, Oct. 5, a broken gate arm in the Ambulatory Surgery Center was reported.

On Wednesday, Oct. 6, a student threw iced tea at another student in the Student Activity Center.

On Wednesday, Oct. 6, there was a hit and run accident in the University Hospital Garage. A car hit another vehicle and drove off. 

On Thursday, Oct. 7, a student’s AirPods went missing in the Engineering building. 

On Thursday, Oct. 7, a patient at the University Hospital made threats to staff members; prosecution declined.

On Friday, Oct. 8, a student reported their iPad Pro missing. It was last seen at the Stony Brook Union. 

On Tuesday, Oct. 12, there was a dispute between a Suffolk Transit bus driver and a passenger in the Long Island Railroad parking lot, resulting in the passenger’s arrest. A summons was issued to the passenger.