SBU Crime Watch: Oct. 20 – Oct. 29

A map of Stony Brook University marked with the locations of crimes that occurred on campus from Friday, Oct. 20 to Sunday Oct. 29. ILLUSTRATED BY BRITTNEY DIETZ/THE STATESMAN

All reports are taken directly from the University Police Department and cannot be independently verified by The Statesman. 

On Friday, Oct. 20, there was a report of money missing from a wallet in a locker in the Campus Recreation Center. The case was closed by student referral. 

On Friday, Oct. 20, a motor vehicle was found leaving the scene of an accident near the West H Apartments. A summons has been issued. 

On Friday, Oct. 20, a bicycle was reported missing near the Health Sciences Library but later found by its owner. The case was unfounded.

On Saturday, Oct. 21, there was a report of a broken glass window at the pay station in Central Stores. A student arrest was made.

On Saturday, Oct. 21, a bicycle was reported missing near Tubman Hall. The case was closed and unfounded.

On Saturday, Oct. 21, a verbal domestic dispute regarding grand larceny was reported in a West I Apartment. One individual was arrested. 

On Saturday, Oct. 21, online scamming was reported in Hamilton Hall. The case is still open.

On Monday, Oct. 23, laundry was reported as taken from a dryer in a West F Apartment. The case was closed by investigation.

On Monday, Oct. 23, stolen chips were reported in the Roth Cafe. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Monday, Oct. 23, possible online scamming was reported in Frey Hall. The case was closed by investigation.

On Tuesday, Oct. 24, a forcible touching incident was reported in the Staller Center. A student was arrested. 

On Tuesday, Oct. 24, a domestic incident was reported in Yang Hall. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate. 

On Thursday, Oct. 26, a Wolfie cardboard cutout was reported missing in the Stony Brook Union. The case is still open. 

On Thursday, Oct. 26, a banner was reported missing in Benedict Hall. The case is still open.

On Friday, Oct. 27, a wallet and water bottle were reported missing in the Stony Brook Union. The case was closed by student referral. 

On Sunday, Oct. 29, an employee was struck by a patient in the Stony Brook University Hospital. The case was closed after the victim refused to cooperate.