Upcoming Artsy Events

A Night of Stand Up Comedy: Trevor Noah

On Friday, April 29 at 8 p.m., comedian and host of “The Daily Show” will perform at Island Federal Credit Union Arena. The event is put on by the Undergraduate Student Government and the Graduate Student Organization. Stand tickets are still available.

Art Crawl: A Guided Tour of Campus Galleries

Stony Brook is hosting The Art Crawl, a free event with guided tours of the various art galleries on campus.

These galleries showcase pieces from Stony Brook students, artists from around the globe and artists who work in the digital realm.

It will take place on Tuesday, April 21 and will begin at 3 p.m. at the Skylight Gallery in the Charles B. Wang Center.

Wang Center Exhibitions

The Charles B. Wang Center is showcasing various exhibitions by Asian and Asian American artists. This event is free and open to the public.

One of the featured artists is Sun K. Kwak, a New York-based Korean American artist. Shiva Ahmadi’s “Spheres of Suspension” explores concepts of global issues in politics and religion. Webtoon: The Evolution of Korean Digital Comics organized by the Korean Cultural Service in New York is also part of the event that goes on until May 31.

Earthstock 2016

This weeklong free event starts on Tuesday, April 19. There will be events all over campus until the celebration in the academic mall on April 22 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m..

Leading up to the festival, Earthstock will showcase a sustainability lecture and a climate change debate.

The culmination of Earthstock will feature environmental organizations and other local schools. Festival events include a rubber duck race, an ice cream social, a campus beautification initiative, a preserve walk, live performances and a farmer’s market.

Shirley Strum Kenny Arts Festival

The Shirley Strum Kenny Student Arts Festival will feature students’ creative expression. It is meant to showcase the diversity of Stony Brook students. It is a month-long celebration to showcase artistic ability.

Events include Stars of Stony Brook Gala on Wednesday, April 20, the Art Crawl on Thursday, April 21 and the SSK Closing Ceremony on Monday, April 25

The event takes place in the Student Activities Center Ballroom A until April 25.