Graphic shows U.S. universities affected by COVID-19

The COVID-19 virus. State University of New York (SUNY) and City University of New York (CUNY) classes will go remote for the remainder of the semester. PUBLIC DOMAIN

Hundreds of schools across the U.S. have transitioned to remote learning and/or canceled classes amid the coronavirus outbreak.

A March 11 press conference by New York state Gov. Andrew Cuomo confirmed that all State University of New York (SUNY) and City University of New York (CUNY) schools are going remote for the remainder of the semester. Central Connecticut State University closed immediately today due to a potential exposure.

The following graphic illustrates universities in the U.S that have made alterations since the beginning of the outbreak. Information regarding schools is subject to change as universities continue to update their strategies regarding the coronavirus.

Updates are added routinely from local and national news stations and independent reports.

Benjamin Renton, a student journalist at Middlebury College in Vermont, is also keeping an up-to-date list of all affected schools and their details here.