Bank exec arrested at men’s basketball game

PHOTO CREDIT :  GOLD COAST BANK
John Tsunis, above, was arrested by University Police at the Island Federal Credit Union during the men’s basketball game against Binghamton University. PHOTO CREDIT :
GOLD COAST BANK

The executive of a bank and a hotel who also works as a lawyer was arrested at Stony Brook University on a forcible touching charge last week, according to court records.

John C. Tsunis, the board chairman CEO of Gold Coast Bank, was arrested by University Police on March 4 at 8:41 p.m. at Island Federal Credit Union Arena, during the time of the men’s basketball game against Binghamton University.

Tsunis, 63, is also a partner in the law firm Tsunis Gasparis Lustig Ring and Kenney LLP and the chairman and CEO of Long Island Hotels LLC.

He has served as chairman of the Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital Task Force, chairman of the board of trustees of the Long Island Museum in Stony Brook and former president of the Three Village Chamber of Commerce.

At the time of publication, the court records did not list an attorney for Tsunis. The Poquott resident is scheduled for arraignment on April 30 at Suffolk First District Court.

New York Penal Law Article 130.52 states: “A person is guilty of forcible touching when such person intentionally, and for no legitimate purpose, forcibly touches the sexual or other intimate parts of another person for the purpose of degrading or abusing such person; or for the purpose of gratifying the actor’s sexual desire. For the purposes of this section, forcible touching includes squeezing, grabbing or pinching. Forcible touching is a class A misdemeanor.”