Ask the Editors: what are our favorite autumn activities?

The pumpkin patch at BB & GG Farms, located in St. James. The Statesman editorial board shares its favorite ways to celebrate fall. ALEX KOUTAVAS/THE STATESMAN

Autumn is announced as the color of the foliage fluctuates from green to yellow, red and orange. Along with the visual differences, temperatures tiptoe down, fall breezes are beheld and people seem to lose their minds.

Instagram is suddenly flooded with pictures of sweaters, apple and pumpkin picking and corn mazes. Baristas brace for hordes of pumpkin spice latte enthusiasts.

Calendars fill up with Sukkot, Halloween, and later, Thanksgiving plans. Football season really gets going. Baseball playoffs begin.

Here at The Statesman, editors celebrate fall with friends, family or alone. Here are our favorite things to do in the fall:

Kunal Kohli, managing editor – “Watching my fantasy football team implode as I make really stupid trades, because I’m awful at fantasy football. That, and watching ‘Hocus Pocus.’ It’s a classic.”

Mike Adams, assistant sports editor – “Sleep, it’s definitely sleep. That’s not really a fall thing, sleep is a precious resource year-round. So yeah, sleeping, I like sleeping.”

Aracely Jimenez, multimedia editor – “Fall is by far the most beautiful season. I’m a sucker for warm colors and love photographing the reds, yellows and oranges of autumn. Also, fall means it’s finally socially acceptable to drink hot chocolate everyday.”

Tess Stepakoff, assistant copy chief – “Picking just one favorite fall activity is impossible for me, since I love everything about fall. If I could combine all of my favorite things about this time of year into one activity, it would be me wearing a sweater, drinking hot apple cider, jumping into piles of leaves with my dog (who is dressed in her bumblebee halloween costume) while surrounded by pumpkins. And candy. You can’t forget about the candy.”

Mahreen Khan, news editor – “‘Tis the season! Falling into fall is one of the best parts of the year. It always feels to me like a time for reflection and self-exploration.”

Katarina Delgado, managing editor – “The fall holds my birthday and my favorite holiday of all within the same week so it’s dear to me. Pumpkin carving, obsessively planning out a halloween costume, getting comfy in a good onesie… it’s all lovely. If I could change one thing, I’d go back to a climate where I could also go to the beach that week.”

Stacey Slavutsky, copy chief – “I love marveling at the beauty of the fall leaves, and single-handedly funding Lipton because of all the tea I drink.”

Joseph Konig, assistant arts & entertainment editor – “My favorite thing to do in the fall is to  yell for help whilst adjusting the trajectory of my body so I can brace myself with my arms.”

Thomas James, assistant arts & entertainment editor – “Wear sweaters and layer up. I also like when it’s not 70 degrees during the fall because I’m wearing sweaters. I don’t care.”

Andrew Goldstein, opinions editor – “I love wearing sweaters and wearing my boots to jump into piles of leaves. Gotta get those likes on Instagram. Also, I like walking in the evening cool.”

Gregory Zarb, assistant sports editor – “Fall means one more season until winter, which is where Christmas and my birthday are located. So I look forward to fall because I can look forward to winter.”

Luis Ruiz Dominguez, assistant multimedia editor – “I don’t like the fall.”