Scott King and Chris Braley to transfer from SBU basketball program

Scott King came off the bench with four points, including a three pointer, in the America East championship game against Albany on Saturday, March 14, 2015. HEATHER KHALIFA / THE STATESMAN
Scott King, above, came off the bench with four points, including a three pointer, in the America East championship game against Albany on Saturday, March 14, 2015. HEATHER KHALIFA / THE STATESMAN

Junior Scott King and sophomore Chris Braley will be transferring from Stony Brook men’s basketball after signing their release letters, as confirmed by Stony Brook Athletics.

King, a 6-foot-10-inch forward who played three seasons for the Seawolves, averaged 3.1 points and 1.2 rebounds per game in his SBU career. After coming off the bench in the early part of this season, King scored 12 points off the bench in a road win over Albany in mid-February. He would remain a mainstay in the rotation through the end of the regular season and the postseason.

Chris Braley, No. 23, averaged 1.3 points and 1.5 rebounds a game in his two season at Stony Brook. HANAA' TAMEEZ / THE STATESMAN
Chris Braley, No. 23, averaged 1.3 points and 1.5 rebounds a game in his two seasons at Stony Brook. HANAA’ TAMEEZ / THE STATESMAN

Braley averaged 1.3 points and 1.5 rebounds a game in his two seasons at Stony Brook, playing spot minutes for the most part.

Stony Brook will now have two open scholarships for incoming freshmen or transfers.

Thursday, March 26 at 12:41 p.m.: “Chris and Scott are great kids who come from terrific families,” Head Coach Steve Pikiell said through a statement from Athletics. “They’re in good academic standing and we wish them the best of luck.”