Two-car accident in South P

Both drivers were transported to the university hospital. (KELLY ZEGERS/THE STATESMAN)
Both drivers involved in the accident in South P were transported to Stony Brook University Hospital. (KELLY ZEGERS/THE STATESMAN)

University Police responded to an accident involving two cars driven by Stony Brook University students in South P Lot at approximately 1 p.m on Tuesday, Aug. 26. Stony Brook Volunteer Ambulance Corps then took the one driver to the Stony Brook University Hospital for back pain.Their condition is unknown The other driver was not injured, according to Assistant Police Chief Eric Olsen. 

Airbags deployed in both vehicles and car fluid appeared to leak out of one of the vehicles, but responders covered it with sand.

Tow trucks arrived on the scene at about 1:50 p.m. to remove one of the cars. The other was driven from the scene.

At this time, the students’ names are unknown. 

No arrests or summonses were issued, according to Olsen. 

Aug. 26, 3:05 p.m.: Assistant Chief of Police Eric Olsen told The Statesman via email that at approximately 1 p.m., university police responded to a motor vehicle accident in South P Lot. Two cars were involved, the drivers both Stony Brook University students.

One student was taken to the Stony Brook University Hospital with back pain. The other driver was not injured, according to Olsen.

Both vehicles sustained body damage. One car required tow, while the other was driven from the scene.

No arrests or summonses were issued.

Aug. 26, 3 p.m.: University Police responded to an accident involving two cars in South P Lot at approximately 1:30 p.m on Tuesday, Aug. 26. Stony Brook Volunteer Ambulance Corps then took the two drivers to the university hospital for injury assessment and treatment.

Tow trucks arrived on the scene at about 1:50 p.m. to remove both cars.

At this time, the drivers’ names are unknown, along with their health conditions.