Campus dining returns to normalcy

Kelly Dining Center reopens after extensive roof leaks. (NINA LIN / THE STATESMAN)

The Kelly Dining Center roof is repaired. According to the Faculty Student Association website, “On Monday, March 11, 2013 Kelly Dining Center is scheduled to resume full food service operations and all other Campus Dining locations will resume normal hours of operation.” After an inspection of the building, “it was determined that the upper level of the building may be opened,” according to FSA’s website.

The Dining Center closed on Wednesday, Feb. 13 due to “extensive ceiling leaks in customer areas,” according to FSA’s website. While the roof and the building itself were “structurally sound,” according to FSA’s website, the university hired DNA Roofing to install a temporary  membrane to ensure no further leakage.

The task, which FSA estimated to cost between $90,000 and $100,000, took three weeks to complete. Despite the snow this weekend, “FSA and Campus Dining will complete final preparation of the kitchen and customer areas in Kelly Dining Center. Equipment, furnishings and staff temporarily moved to other campus locations will return to Kelly Dining Center and food product will be delivered and prepared for Monday’s opening,” according to FSA’s website.