Frank Fanizza – Senate Candidate

Name:  Frank Fanizza
Class year:  Junior
Major:  Chemistry
Hometown:  Staten Island, NY

What previous experience do you have?

This is actually my second semester as a Senator for USG, so I am re-running.  In addition to being a Senator, I am currently the President of the Residence Hall Association and have been part of the organization for 3 years, in which I also spent 1 year being the Treasurer.

What skills can you bring to the position?

Through out my first 3 years at Stony Brook, I have made a lot of contacts with Administration and have a good rapport with them.  As Treasurer of RHA, I have managed a budget of $28,000 on my own and feel that the knowledge gained through that experience will help me be prepared to deal with the budgets of clubs because I intend on being apart of the Budget Committee.  As President of RHA, I have gained many skills including public speaking, working in large groups, leading groups to a specific goal, and working with diverse individuals.

What about USG do you think is good and what could be made better?

I’m very optimistic about USG and feel that they are doing great things this year.  Their programming department is putting in a lot of work this semester to show students a good time.  I don’t know about you, but I thought Aziz Ansari was a great show and I can’t wait to see who USG will bring here next.  Furthermore, ALLOCATE was another great development of USG this year. I think it will help to make club’s budgets more transparent and close the gap between USG and clubs.

What are your plans if you get elected?
If I am elected, I would like to work with the Budget Committee and the Special Services Council. A big focus of mine is in the development of new clubs that are trying to make a start at Stony Brook. I believe they need a little more support than just in dollar bills. I hope to get more involved with these clubs and give them the guidance they need in order to get off on the right foot. Furthermore, I would like to sit on the Budget Committee so that I can ensure that the money every student pays towards the Student Activities Fee is being used in the most efficient way possible.