November deadlines: 2016 general election

Voter Registration Papers ARACELY JIMENEZ/THE STATESMAN
New York voter registration papers distributed by Stony Brook’s Vote Everywhere group in partnership with the Andrew Goodman Foundation. ARACELY JIMENEZ/THE STATESMAN

As election day approaches, it is vital we ensure that every student that can vote does vote. Check out New York State’s absentee ballot deadlines below and stay on track for election day on Nov. 8. 

Voting registration deadlines:

November 1: Last day to postmark an application or letter of application by mail for an absentee ballot. Applications must be postmarked no later than Nov. 1, or you will not be eligible to vote.

November 7: Last day to apply in person for an absentee ballot. To be eligible to vote, your application must be received no later than Nov. 8.

November 7: Last day to postmark ballot. Your ballot must be received by the local board of elections no later than Nov. 15.

November 8: Last day to deliver ballot in person to the local board of elections (by someone other than the voter).

Additional Information:

For more information on absentee ballots, deadlines and election day information, go to the New York election website or Stony Brook’s voting information website.

You can also contact your local board of elections, or contact Stony Brook’s Vote Everywhere group at [email protected].

GO VOTE!