October deadlines: 2016 general election

As election day approaches, it is vital we ensure that every student that can vote does vote. Check out New York State’s voting application deadlines below and stay on track for election day on Nov. 8. 

Voting registration deadlines:

October 14: Last day for mail-in registration. Applications must be postmarked no later than Oct. 14, and received by a board of elections no later than Oct. 19 to be eligible to vote.

October 14: Last day for in-person registration. To be eligible to vote, your application must be received no later than Oct. 14.

October 19: Last day to notify of address change. Notices of change in address must be received no later than Oct. 19, by a county board of elections. If you moved rooms on campus or are living in a different dorm or building, know that means you’ve changed addresses and you must re-register to vote!

Register to vote: 

You may register at your local board of elections or at any state agency participating in the National Voter Registration Act.

You can also register to vote right on campus through Vote Everywhere. Information tables with voting registration forms are set up on Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. in the Student Activities Center Lobby. Contact them at [email protected]. Voting registration forms are also available in the Dean of Students Office, or can be found online here.

You can check your voting registration status here.

Additional information: 

For more information on voting registration, deadlines and absentee ballot information, go to the New York elections website or Stony Brook voting information website or contact your local board of elections.