Fetty Wap and RL Grime to perform at Back to the Brook

25595737622_9534b9a7e5_z
This year’s Back to the Brook concert will feature Fetty Wap and RL Grime, with opening act The Commas. The “Trap Queen” singer, center, will take the stage at the Island Federal Credit Union Arena on Monday, Sept. 12. DESHAUN CRADDOCK/FLICKR VIA CC BY-NC-ND 2.0

Hey, what’s up? Hello, Seawolves. Undergraduate Student Government announced on Saturday evening the artists who will perform at Back to the Brook through a video on social media. The highly anticipated fall concert will be headlined by “Trap Queen” singer Fetty Wap and feature trap producer RL Grime with student opener
The Commas.

The event will entertain over 3,000 students on Monday, Sept. 12, from 7 to 11 p.m. at the Island Federal Credit Union Arena.

Ticket reservations were available on Sunday, Aug. 28 at 8 p.m. through a Google form on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be 2,600 stand tickets available for $15 and 800 floor tickets for $30, with no guest tickets being sold.

Last year’s Back to the Brook, headlined by Walk the Moon and featuring Timeflies, had stand tickets for $5 and floor tickets for $20.

“We had to raise the prices of the tickets to compensate for the higher frequency and quality of events this year,” Max Shaps, USG Vice President of Communications and Public Relations, said.

In addition to the higher ticket prices, free t-shirts will not be given out at the concert. However, there will be giveaways at an undisclosed event the weekend of the show.

Other artists considered for Back to the Brook were The Chainsmokers and Trey Songz, who both had prior commitments. Regardless, USG is content with the acts it has booked.

“We are just trying to take each event individually and satisfy the maximum amount of students that we can,” Shaps said. “We are really excited to see what the student body thinks about it.”

Saturday morning, an exclusive video announcing the artists was shown at the New Student Convocation.

New Jersey hip-hop artist Fetty Wap is known for his distinct singing and rapping combination that set him apart from the monotony of the industry.

Four of his songs made it into the top 40 of the U.S. Billboard Top 100, like “679” and “My Way,” which have evolved from radio toss-aways into party anthems.

Los Angeles producer RL Grime is a multi-faceted showstopper of his own, creating rhythmic electronic and hip-hop remixes that get everyone on their feet. Also known as Clockwork, he has performed at many popular music festivals including Electric Zoo, Electric Daisy Carnival, Coachella, Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza.

The Commas are opening the show with music that combines both rock and indie sounds. Shaps went as far as comparing them to the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

“They made a great impression on the Student Activities Board and we think they will be an excellent addition to the show,” he said.