The Paramount to open new location in Baltimore

Carly Rae Jepsen will be performing at The Paramount, above, for her "Gimmie Love Tour" along with Cardiknox. PHOTO COURTESY OF THE PARAMOUNT
Carly Rae Jepsen will be performing at The Paramount, above, for her “Gimmie Love Tour” along with Cardiknox. PHOTO COURTESY OF THE PARAMOUNT

The Paramount of Huntington has announced plans to expand by opening a new and bigger location in Baltimore, Maryland.

The concert venue’s owners have worked with Caves Valley Partners, a real-estate agency based in Towson, Maryland, to establish a location in the stadium area of the city, according to a press release from The Paramount.

“Our owners are interested in expanding our model in various cities across the country,” Adam Ellis, the Director of Marketing at The Paramount, said.

“[We’re looking to bring] really the same things that we bring to Long Island at the Huntington venue–world class entertainers, comedians, any live events, concerts, artists and all other types of genres of music.”

The concert venue, which was recently ranked 11 in worldwide attendance under the club/venue category in Pollstar Magazine, has drawn many people to Huntington for its various types shows over the years.

“It’s an economic engine,” A.J. Carter, a Public Information Officer for the Town of Huntington, said. “It brings people from out of the area to Huntington Village to patronize the restaurants and the shops.”

“What The Paramount did was it opened a whole arts scene in Huntington,” Carter added. “It’s attracting younger and older audiences and bringing people who like seeing live performances. It’s something you can’t find in other places on Long Island.”

The wide variety of performances brings many different demographics to Huntington, Kevin Inkles, general manager of the nearby restaurant, TOA Asian Fusion, said.

“It brings a lot of traffic from all over the place, so you’re [going to] have people who maybe haven’t frequented any of these places over here, so what happens is it gives the ability for all the places down here to obtain new customers on a daily basis,” Inkles said.

Popular musicians, including Billy Joel, Don Henley and Ed Sheeran, have performed at The Paramount and helped it gain a positive reputation on Long Island.

“I think that the name itself may not be such a strong brand that’s [going to] resonate with folks outside of this market right away, but I think if they look at our history at this venue… they’ll quickly realize we have the right structure and the right contacts,” Ellis said.

The Baltimore venue’s opening date is still being determined, Ellis added.

The Paramount is having a variety of upcoming shows, including “The Blues Brothers: Starring Dan Aykroyd & Jim Belushi” on March 3 at 8 p.m, “Mayday Parade  & The Maine ‘The American Lines Tour ‘16’ with Special Guest – Better Off” on March 18 at 8 p.m ,and more.