New and returning shows to look out for in February

“Vinyl”

HBO’s newest series, created by Martin Scorsese, Rich Cohen, Terence Winter and Mick Jagger, aims to bring excitement to the period piece genre. Set amidst the ’70s New York music scene, “Vinyl” stars Bobby Cannavale as Richie Finestra, a struggling record producer trying to stay afloat in a rapidly evolving industry. The series also stars Olivia Wilde and Ray Romano. “Vinyl’s” two hour pilot, directed by Scorsese, is set to premiere Feb. 14.

“Better Call Saul”

The critically acclaimed “Breaking Bad” spin-off will premiere its second season Feb. 15 on AMC. “Better Call Saul” follows the life of small-time lawyer and crook James McGill six years before his iconic appearance as Saul Goodman on “Breaking Bad.” While not as suspenseful or action-packed as its predecessor, “Better Call Saul” is a strong show on its own, with strong performances from “Breaking Bad” alums Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks.

“Vikings”

Perhaps the History Channel’s most notable show, “Vikings” chronicles the adventures of the Viking Ragnar Lothbrok, who is played by Australian actor Travis Fimmel.

The historical drama is inspired by the legendary heroes and mythic tales of the Viking Age. Praised for its authentic atmosphere and powerful performances, “Vikings” has been critically acclaimed and widely watched throughout its first three seasons. The upcoming fourth season is set to premiere Feb. 18.

“Fuller House”

Netflix’s sequel to the classic family sitcom “Full House” will premiere its thirteen episode first season on Feb. 26. “Fuller House” centers on the grown-up Tanner daughters, who move back into their old house in San Francisco to raise their children together.

Although the show focuses primarily on the daughters and their families, the stars of the original series, including John Stamos and Bob Saget, will have minor roles.

FEATURED IMAGE CREDIT: E-MOVIES & TV_TRAILERS/YOUTUBE