The Box Office

"Pitch Perfect 2" reunites the Barden Bellas (Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow) and includes new faces to the film. PHOTO CREDIT: UNIVERSAL PICTURES/TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICE
“Pitch Perfect 2” reunites the Barden Bellas (Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow) and includes new faces to the film. PHOTO CREDIT: UNIVERSAL PICTURES/TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICE

Hey movie-goers!

Between keeping up with your favorite college-girl a cappella group, watching Reese Witherspoon play a cop and adventuring into Disney’s Tomorrowland, the big screen has something for everyone.

Here are some movies to look out for with release dates in May.

1) In the movie “Hot Pursuit,” Witherspoon plays Cooper, a cop who has not yet been able to prove herself in her field. She gets the job of accompanying a superior officer to transport a witness to testify in court against drug dealers. As she is picking up the witness Daniella, played by Sofia Vergara, their location is attacked and the two ladies must escape together, with Daniella under Cooper’s protective custody. Cooper must do what she can to keep Daniella safe. The movie hits theaters May 8.

2) The girls are back and are ready to tackle an international competition in “Pitch Perfect 2.” The same hilarious and quotable cast hits the big screen once more as they attempt to win an international a cappella competition that no American group has won before. The group’s bond is stronger than ever as the girls try to achieve their goal, with some good music and comedy along the way. The girls hit the stage again on May 15.

3) Are you a Disney fan? The concept of one of Disney’s most well-known attractions is explored in the movie “Tomorrowland.” George Clooney plays a science genius who enters another dimension with a curious teenager, played by Britt Robertson, where their actions can potentially save the Earth from the current issues that are destroying it. The adventure begins May 22.