The Student News Site of Stony Brook University

The Statesman

53° Stony Brook, NY
The Student News Site of Stony Brook University

The Statesman

The Student News Site of Stony Brook University

The Statesman

Newsletter

Police Blotter for the week of Monday, April 14

Marijuana:

On Monday, April 14, police observed a marijuana sale. Two males were arrested.
On Tuesday, April 15 two students were referred for marijuana at James College.
On Friday, April 18, a residence hall director reported the smell of marijuana in Schick College.
On Sunday, April 20, an RA reported there was marijuana smoking in a room at Stimson College. One student was referred to the university.

Theft:

On Monday, April 14, a meal card was reported stolen from the Campus Recreation Center.
On Monday, April 14, an advertising sign was reported stolen from the Student Union.
On Wednesday, April 16, a fanny pack was reported stolen from the University Hospital.
On Wednesday, April 16, a bike was reported stolen from the Long Island Rail Road parking lot.
On Thursday, April 17, a complainant reported to police that $200 had been stolen from a wallet that was turned in as found property.
On Thursday, April 17, a cell phone was reported stolen from West Apartments B.
On Friday, April 18, a cell phone was stolen from the Campus Recreation Center.
On Friday, April 18, a watch was reported stolen from the Indoor Sports Complex.
On Saturday, April 19, a cell phone was stolen from Melville Library.
On Sunday, April 20, a cell phone was reported missing from the University Hospital.

DWI:

On Friday, April 18, there was a DWI at Shirley Kenny Drive. One man was arrested.
On Saturday, April 20, there was a DWI at the Nicolls Road main entrance. The driver was arrested.

Miscellaneous:  

On Thursday, April 17, a complainant reported to police that there was an unauthorized report of a card.
On Thursday, April 17, damage to a door at the Melville Library was reported.
On Sunday, April 20, the fire marshal responded to a fire alarm at Eisenhower College caused by a microwave. There was a referral to the university for an unauthorized microwave in the room.

Leave a Comment
Donate to The Statesman

Your donation will support the student journalists of Stony Brook University. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

More to Discover
Donate to The Statesman

Comments (0)

All The Statesman Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *