Police blotter for Feb. 8–Feb. 16

Marijuana and Alcohol Violations:

On Saturday, Feb. 8, one student was referred to the university for marijuana use.
On Sunday, Feb. 9, an RA reported to police that there was the smell of marijuana at Wagner. The area was patrolled and the report was unfounded.
On Tuesday, Feb. 11, a female resident student was referred for marijuana at Gray College.
On Wednesday, Feb. 12, an RA reported marijuana smoking at Lauterbur Hall. The report was unfounded.
On Friday, Feb. 14, three students were referred to the university for marijuana.
On Saturday, Feb. 15, six male students were referred for marijuana at Lauterbur Hall.
On Friday, Feb. 14, an intoxicated female from West Apartments H was transported to the hospital and was referred to the university.

Damage/Criminal Tampering:

On Monday, Feb. 10, a window screen was damaged at Benedict College.
On Monday, Feb. 10, an unknown person sprayed foam builders insulation into the door jam, damaging the door and damaging the lock in the Computer Science building.

Theft:

On Thursday, Feb. 13, there was a burglary at James College.
On Friday Feb. 14, an iPod and an iPod touch were stolen from the University Hospital.
On Sunday, Feb. 16, a wallet was stolen from Whitman College.

Miscellaneous:

On Monday, Feb. 10, a female patient spit at and hit a nurse in the face. The patient was arrested.
On Friday, Feb. 14, there was a case of trespassing at West Apartments. The case is still pending.
On Saturday, Feb. 15, four male students were referred to the university after a large group yelled at an RA at West Apartments C.
On Sunday, Feb. 16, an RA reported that a male student was screaming. He was arrested by police.

Car Accident (Feb. 18)

A Stony Brook commuter student rear-ended a university employee’s car when approaching a stop sign on Tuesday, Feb. 18, according to Assistant Chief of Patrol Eric Olsen.

Witnesses said the accident took place around 9:30 a.m. on John S. Toll.

“The damage was limited to minor front and rear end damage,” Assistant Chief of Police Lawrence Zacarese said.

According to Zacarese, the student refused medical attention and the university employee was transported to Stony Brook University Hospital with back pain.

Two-car incident (Feb. 19)

Four police cruisers—two marked and two unmarked—responded to a two car accident near South P lot on Wednesday, Feb. 19.

The accident took place around 5:20 p.m. The people involved in the accident were not injured and there was no visible damage to the vehicles.

According to Assistant Chief of Police Lawrence Zacarese, it “seems that one bumped into the other in traffic.”

The unmarked cars were the first to reach the scene of the accident and waited for the mark police cruisers to arrive due to the location of the accident.

Correction: February 24, 2014
This article was updated to include details related to two car accidents on Feb. 18 and 19.