Ludacris and Grouplove to perform at spring concert

Ludacris will be the headliner for this year's spring concert. (STONY BROOK USG)
Ludacris will be the headliner for this year’s spring concert. (STONY BROOK USG)

After weeks of rumors and contract negotiations, USG announced on its website that Ludacris will be performing as the headliner for “Brookfest,” this year’s spring concert. Grouplove will be opening.

Ludacris, also known as “Luda,” has previously performed at the University of Massachusetts, Georgia Tech University and Georgia State University. He is mostly known for his albums “Back for the First Time” (2000), “The Red Light District” (2004) and “Theater of the Mind” (2008). His new album, “Ludaversal,” is still in the works and is expected to be released soon. The recording artist also has his own label, Disturbing the Peace.

Grouplove, the opener, has previously played at the University of Missouri at St. Louis and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and is best known for the 2011 song “Tongue Tied.” Grouplove is currently on a spring university tour.

The Student Activities Board is in charge of choosing the artist for each year’s concert.

Tickets will go on sale on April 22, and the concert is on April 25 at 7 p.m. at the Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium. This is the first time the spring concert will be held in the stadium. Past “Brookfest” concerts have included Bruno Mars and Wiz Khalifa.