Bryson Tiller announced as Brookfest 2023 headliner

Album cover of Bryson Tiller’s “Anniversary,” released in Oct. 2020. Tiller has been announced as the headliner for Brookfest 2023. PUBLIC DOMAIN

Bryson Tiller, the American singer-songwriter and rapper best known for his 2014 single “Don’t,” will be the headliner at this year’s Brookfest concert on April 14. Tiller will perform alongside rapper Fivio Foreign and Amber Denise “Sevyn” Streeter.

The announcement was made at the Undergraduate Student Government’s (USG) “The Big Bash: A Spring Semester Extravaganza.” The large-scale clubs and organizations social event also included a “Meet the Candidates” panel highlighting Senate and Executive Council candidates for the 2023-24 USG Election cycle.

“We tried our best to make sure the student’s got who they wanted,” Wideline Jean, vice president of student life at USG, said. 

Jean said that “R&B” and “hip-hop” were the top two genres students voted for in USG’s annual Brookfest interest poll. 

Bryson Tiller released his debut mixtape “Killer Instinct” in 2011 and released his first studio album, “Trapsoul,” after his debut single “Don’t” peaked at No. 13 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2015. The R&B singer has released two more studio albums and was awarded Best Male R&B/Pop Artist and Best New Artist at the 2016 BET Awards.

Students can soon begin purchasing tickets online through USG’s Instagram. Students can also win limited-edition Brookfest-themed T-shirts through tabling in the coming weeks. 

Revitalized in 2011, Brookfest is Stony Brook University’s flagship spring concert series, previously featuring Childish Gambino, Aminé and A$AP Rocky. Last year, Gunna headlined alongside Young M.A and Capella Grey.