Stony Brook University Lookbook Vol. 3

Welcome to spring at Stony Brook. The cherry blossom trees are blooming and the fashion on campus has transitioned from winter neutrals to bold colorful outfits for spring. 

Monochromatic Moment by Rebecca Bogad

Rebecca Bogad, Monochromatic Moment. Bogad wore a brown halter top paired with brown plaid pants. JULIA HEMING/THE STATESMAN

Bogad’s halter top from Hollister pairs perfectly with her Target plaid pants with similar orange-brown tones. The fitted cut of the top also had ruched drawstring details and hit perfectly at the waist of the pants with the orange tones, adding a splash of color to the look. The oversized cardigan reflects the the in-between weather, with a combination of winter and summer for the perfect level of spring coziness. “I liked the monochromatic look for today,” Bogad said. “The colors look great together.”

Find pieces similar to Bogad’s top here and her pants here

Y2K Vibes by Martyna Kaminska 

Martyna Kaminska, Y2K Vibes. Kaminska’s outfit shows off Y2K styles that are coming back on social media. JULIA HEMING/THE STATESMAN

Kaminska’s outfit perfectly shows off the popular Y2K styles that are making a comeback on social media. She styled her peach Juicy hoodie with a white ribbed H&M tank top with lace accents and a pair of thrifted Eddie Bauer jeans. The bright color of her Juicy Couture hoodie is perfect for spring and the pop of bright white in her top and shoes add to the light vibe she is going for. “I wanted something really bright,” Kaminska said. “I love anything peach for spring.” 

Find pieces like Martyna’s here

Pearlcore Perfection by Gihan Sharhan

Gihan Sharhan, Pearlcore Perfection. Sharhan’s dress has subtle pearls throughout, fitting the pearlcore trend that has become popular. JULIA HEMING/THE STATESMAN

Sharhan’s dress gives perfect spring vibes with a flair of trendy pearls. The pearlcore trend has been everywhere since the release of Bridgerton. The pearls on Sharhan’s dress are perfect as they are chic but don’t overpower the stunning color of her dress. “I wanted a bright color to match the weather,” Sharhan said. 

Find a similar dress to Sharhan’s here

Flowerchild by Sabrina Hili

Sabrina Hili, Flowerchild. Hili wears a rainbow-colored top with purple cut-out bootcut pants and a yellow Juicy baguette bag. JULIA HEMING/THE STATESMAN

Hili’s top and bottom are from Shein and perfectly show the current spring trends with a rainbow of bold colors and fun cutouts. The look would fit perfectly at Coachella, but also wowed on campus. Hili said her inspiration was wearing something bright, and accented the yellow in her tie dye top with a yellow Juicy baguette bag. She pulled the whole look together with a pair of crocs full of colorful jibbitz.  

Find pieces similar to Hili’s top here and her pants here

Personalized Pieces by Skyler Gibson

Skyler Gibson, Personalized Pieces. Gibson represents her medical fraternity over a purple butterfly printed long-sleeve. JULIA HEMING/THE STATESMAN

Gibson wanted to focus on her top from the medical fraternity Phi Delta Epsilon, pulling out the purple tones of the lettering by layering it over a mesh top printed with butterflies. The butterfly print is a true nod to spring and the return of plants and animals. She paired her bold tops with simple light wash jeans from American Eagle and a pair of chunky Fila sneakers. “I figured the shirt was fun; it kind of went with the coloring of my frat’s letters,” Gibson said. 

Find a top similar to Gibson’s here

The spring is showing a lot of pop culture influence as the weather gets nicer. Festival-inspired pieces with bold colors and cutouts gain traction while a complete juxtaposition is shown by the rise in popularity of pearlcore, inspired by the Regency era in Bridgerton. Remember to rock styles this spring that make you feel confident and like your best self.