Paramore Give Fans “Brand New Eyes”

The five-piece Tennessee band released their third studio album ‘Brand New Eyes’ this past Tuesday.

Their latest release shows a much more mature side of the band, not only with sound but with their lyrics.

In early 2008, while overseas, the band decided to cancel several of their tour dates in Europe citing internal issues and exhaustion. They eventually returned to their hometown as rumors spread that the band was on the verge from breaking apart. In an interview with AP magazine, lead singer Hayley Williams talks about how true those rumors were. Williams explains that during their downtime after the European tour cancellation she hardly spoke with her band mates and the alienation she felt after being thrust into the limelight by the media.

It is clear through the lyrics that Williams belts out that the band used this album to deal with their issues and how close they were to breaking apart.

The album starts off with ‘Careful’ in which Williams tells listeners to be weary of being to careful with lyrics like ‘you can’t be to careful anymore, when all that’s waiting for you won’t come any closer, you’ve got to reach a little closer.’

In ‘Playing God’ Williams strongly signs and warns, ‘next time you point a finger I might’ bend it back or break it, break it off.’

The band’s maturity can be seen in ‘Feeling Sorry’ in the lines ‘we’re not getting any younger, and I won’t look back ’cause there’s no use.?It’s time to move forward.’

If skeptics were weary of Williams’ vocal abilities they no longer are, as she beautifully and powerfully sings in the final track ‘All I Wanted.’ The track starts off slow with intro rhythmic guitar strumming throughout the first verse and then slowly building up to the drums during the chorus and then slowing down again for the next verse with an electric guitar playing powerfully in the background. Every time Williams reaches the line ‘ all I wanted was you’ the band stops and picks up right when her voice hits its peak, creating an amazing theatrical effect. It was almost as though they saved the best for last with this one.

Fans who have followed Paramore since their first album ‘All We Know Is Falling’ won’t be disappointed with the band’s latest release.

Track Listing:
    Careful
    Ignorance
    Playing God
    Brick By Boring Brick
    Turn It Off
    The Only Exception
    Feeling Sorry
    Looking Up
    Where the Lines Overlap
    Misguided Ghosts
    All I Wanted