Roddy Ricch confirmed headliner for Brookfest 2020

The official cover for Roddy Ricch’s album, “Please excuse me for being antisocial.” Ricch is the headliner for Stony Brook’s spring Brookfest concert. PUBLIC DOMAIN

Roddy Ricch is officially the headliner for this year’s Spring 2020 Brookfest concert that will be held on April 2. 

Undergraduate Student Government (USG) announced the headliner at the Commuter Student Association’s Chill Factor event on Feb. 26. The announcement poster featured Roddy Ricch and IDK, but the rest of the concert’s performers are yet to be revealed. 

“We’re starting off strong with Roddy Ricch,” USG’s Vice President of Student Life, Hadi Mohammed, said. “He’s the number one artist in the country right now.”

Roddy Ricch’s best-known song, “The Box,” is currently the number one song in the country, but that isn’t all. “Ballin’” by Mustard and Roddy Ricch is currently charting at number 17 and “High Fashion” is sitting at 26. 

While the other artists performing at Brookfest remain a mystery, it doesn’t sound like the wait will be longer. Mohammed said students should expect to find out “probably within the next two weeks.”