RockYoFaceCase Concert Series Continues

The second RockYoFaceCase event of the semester took place at the University Café on Feb. 21, featuring performances by three bands and a Dance Dance Revolution tournament.

This Good Robot, Future Relative and The Indecisive Few each took the stage, with Future Relative also serving as the DJ for the night from a special side stage.

This Good Robot, an eight-member band, opened the show.  The group, which has played RockYoFaceCase before, is one example of the many up and coming bands to take the UCafé stage, is to do two shows with My Chemical Romance in the spring.

“It feels like I have another heartbeat,” said Liz Trincone, an undecided freshman at Stony Brook, whose attendance at this event marked her second experience with RockYoFaceCase.

Five members of This Good Robot – Robert Ragosta, Ryan Mancine, Kyle Carberry, John Welsh and Michael Ragosta – sat down with The Statesman to talk about their involvement with the show.

“There’s always people and there’s always a lot of music going on and it’s always a lot of fun,” Michael Ragosta said.

Unlike previous RockYoFace events, this show featured two stages and sound systems in an effort to work with Future Relative, the event’s guest DJ’s and featured act from New York City.

The last band to perform, The Indecisive Few, has also performed at RockYoFaceCase before, and draws in its own fan base.

A DDR arcade console was brought in for audience members to use during the show in keeping with the “dance vibe” of the night, according to Patrice Zapiti, founder and coordinator of the RockYoFaceCase concert series.

“I think this event was very ambitious; we aimed to do some things we haven’t done before to give our bands and attendees a new experience,” Zapiti said.  “Our goal this semester is to keep doing these things we’ve never tried before to keep the program fresh and exciting by making each show a unique experience so students won’t want to miss one.”