Three players sign Letters of Intent to join 2018-19 men’s basketball program

Guard Jules Moor signs a letter of intent to play for Stony Brook starting in the fall of 2018. PHOTO COURTESY OF STONY BROOK ATHLETICS

The Stony Brook men’s basketball team announced their 2018-19 recruitment class Sunday morning. In total, three players signed their letters of intent and will be a part of the Seawolves community come next fall.

“We are very excited to add three high-character young men, who love the game of basketball and are serious about academics to our Stony Brook basketball family,” Stony Brook Men’s Basketball Head Coach Jeff Boals said. “All three come from very good high schools both athletically and academically. They fit into our culture and commitment to excellence on the court and in the classroom.”

Forward Miles Latimer was the first of the three recruits to commit to Stony Brook, committing on July 10, according to ESPN. The six-foot-three-inch guard from Fairfax, Virginia led Paul VI Catholic High School to a 29-8 record, including a 15-3 league record in his junior year. Latimer, who specializes in three-point shooting, also plays on the Amatuer Athletic Union team, Team Takeover, leading them to the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League championship game.

Guard Jules Moore graduated from Dawson High School in Pearland, Texas in 2016 before joining Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Virginia for his post-graduate season. Already scoring in double figures twice for the Tigers, Moore has continued his strong play after earning first team all-district for his junior and senior years.

The third and final recruit is one of the tallest players to step onto the courts in Stony Brook Men’s Basketball history. At seven feet tall, Alex Christie can already be listed as a winner, as he led his U19 AAU team to a national championship in Florida over the summer. From Oakville, Ontario, Canada, he currently is playing in his second season at The MacDuffie School in Massachusetts.

All three recruits will complete their respective senior seasons before heading over to the Island Federal Credit Union Arena to prepare for the 2018-19 basketball season.