Cupcake Decorating for the Union’s 40th Birthday

Cupcakes are the least discriminant of all desserts.

They come in all shapes and sizes, in all colors, and with varying fillings.  Each is enjoyable in its own way.  And so, it seems appropriate students decorated cupcakes to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Stony Brook’s Student Union.

The event, sponsored by Campus Dining Services, took place on Sept. 21.

Students lined up in front of the tables in the Union lobby even before the cupcakes were brought in.  Individuals of all backgrounds who did not even know each other began to converse, asking where the cupcake event was taking place and sharing their eagerness to decorate a cupcake.  When the adorably-small sized cupcakes and oversized jars of frosting arrived, the scene transformed into one that was even more appealing and welcoming than just the lobby full of friendly students.

Not only were people happy with the mere presence of the cupcakes, but the fact that they had the opportunity to personally decorate them and choose their toppings was even better.  The line was long but no one seemed too upset about the wait.  Students talked to each other about cupcakes, lightening the loads on their minds, to continue their day with a clear mind and a full stomach.