Quads plan to scare students with ‘Freak Show’ and ‘Rothoween’ events

Tabler Terrorfest PHOTO CREDIT: TABLER QUAD CONNECTIONS
The Tabler Terrorfest: Freak Show will be in the Tabler Black Box Theater on Oct. 28 at 7 p.m. TABLER QUAD CONNECTIONS

Beware! In one night, two residential quads are hosting their own events dedicated to all things Halloween. On Oct. 28, Roth Quad is hosting “Rothoween,” a night full of Halloween-themed activities happening throughout the buildings in the quad and Tabler Quad is hosting “Freak Show,” a carnival-themed haunted house in the Tabler Black Box Theater.

Students are encouraged to dress up in Halloween costumes when attending the events in both quads. Clown costumes, however, are strictly prohibited at Roth Quad, according to the event flyer.

“Rothoween” will include a haunted house in Cardozo College, trick-or-treating in Mount College, a costume contest in Whitman College, a scary movie night in Gershwin College and “Scary-oke” with a Halloween social in Hendrix College. All of the quad’s activities will take place from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m..

The movie played in Gershwin will be a thriller, Kelly Beall, residence hall director of Hendrix College, said.

The “Freak Show” in Tabler Quad will be starting at 7 p.m. “We had 400 people coming to our haunted house last year,” Matthew West, residence hall director of Tabler’s Sanger College, said. “That is a pretty good number, and we are expecting more students to come this year.”

Students who do not want to be scared can still come to the Tabler Center for Arts, Culture and Humanities for crafts and snacks, according to the event’s Facebook page. West is keeping the details of the spooky event a mystery but students are invited to come and see for themselves, if they dare.