Music Festivals and Concerts to See This Spring and Summer

Spring has finally arrived, and with the showers and the flowers in bloom, now comes one of the best parts of the spring and summer season—concerts.

This year there are some tours of up-and-coming bands, along with a few seasoned vets who have toured over the span of several decades and travelled continents.

Here is a list of a few of the  concerts and festivals to check out this spring and summer.

Music Festivals:

The Bamboozle Festival returns to New Jersey’s East Rutherford for its 7th annual, two-day, rain-or-shine event on Saturday, May 1 and Sunday, May 2.

Headlining Saturday’s event are Tennessee rockers Paramore and hip-hop artist Drake. On Sunday Weezer and MGMT will headline.

Two-day passes are currently sold-out, but single day tickets are still available. For a look at the full 2010 line-up go to the Bamboozle website.

The Vans Warped Tour officially begins on April 9 at Key Club in West Hollywood, Calif., and will travel across the United States throughout the summer with the last leg of the tour ending on August 25 in Hillsboro, Ore. Warped Tour, an outdoors festival, will have a stop in Uniondale, Long Island in the Nassau Coliseum parking lot.

There are over 100 bands currently scheduled to perform on various dates throughout the tour. For a look to see which bands are performing in a certain town, go to the Vans Warped Tour website.

Artists on Tour:

In mid-April, ‘80s rockers The Flaming Lips will go on tour with their first show scheduled in Virginia. Although their New York City concert is already sold-out, there are still tickets available for their show in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. on April 17.

Texas quintet Flyleaf is currently on tour in the United Kingdom, and will return to the U.S. in late April for the Unite & Fight Tour and will stop for shows with Sugar Red Drive. Their first U.S. show is April 28 in Belton, TX.

They are playing three shows in the tri-state area, two in New York—Poughkeepsie and New York City— and one in Atlantic City, N.J. Flyleaf will perform on May 21, 22 and 24, respectively.

Vampire Weekend, a New York City-based band that has quickly created a name for themselves in today’s music scene is currently on tour. Their international tour has the band travelling between the states, the United Kingdom and Australia until the middle of September, where Vampire Weekend will perform three shows in New York City’s Radio City Music Hall.

Hip-Hop artist Lupe Fiasco has already started the first leg of his U.S tour, Steppin Laser. B.O.B., a hip-hop and R&B artist, is joining Fiasco on stage for some of the Chicago rapper’s tour dates. He will make a stop in New York City’s The Fillmore New York at Irving Palace Fiasco on April 11 perform his last show on the U.S tour in Seattle, Wash on May 7.

In February, former Beatle Paul McCartney announced he was going on a small tour this spring after the close of his Good Evening Europe. He is set to perform May 28 at the Jobing.com Arena in Phoenix, Ariz., with three other shows in the U.S. — two in Los Angeles and one in Miami—one in Puerto Rico and five in Europe. McCartney will end his tour in Hard Rock Calling in London on June 27.

U2 is going on a North American tour this summer. Interpol, Lenny Kravitz and the Fray will be supporting acts on various dates of U2’s 360 Tour. The 14 stop tour will kick-off in Salt Lake City, Utah and end in New York City’s Meadowland Stadium. For information on who will open for U2 on specific dates check out U2’s website.