Vogel and Orban capture America East weekly awards

It has been an eventful senior year for both Stony Brook Men’s Soccer goalkeeper Jason Orban and Women’s Volleyball setter Nicole Vogel. Both received a conference honor for the second time this season, the America East Conference announced on Monday. Vogel earned another America East Setter of the Week honor, while Orban took home his second America East Men’s Soccer Player of the Week.

Orban earned his fourth career shutout with a stellar performance in Stony Brook’s victory over Hartford, 1-0. He recorded a career-high seven saves, which helped the team snap a three-game winless streak.

Vogel had an important role this past week, as she averaged 11.7 assists per set spanning over three matches last week. The Seawolves had a program-record .558 hitting percentage against Delaware State on Friday, a match in which Vogel tallied 42 assists. The women’s volleyball team swept both its home games against Sacred Heart and Delaware State before losing on Sunday at UMBC.

Vogel won the award for the first time with her first coming only two weeks ago, and Orban earned his first in late August at the beginning of the season. Both of them will have a lot of added pressure to continue their solid performance as their final seasons as Seawolves come to a close.

The men’s soccer team travels to Hofstra on Tuesday with three matches left in the regular season. Meanwhile, volleyball returns to the court on Friday when the Seawolves host another conference match against UMass Lowell, a team that they swept on Oct. 4.