Editorial: the semester comes to an end

The days are getting shorter, the air is getting colder and tons of students are congregating into the library. It can only mean one thing – it is almost the end of the semester.

For all the freshman making it through their first semester at college, congratulations! You have made it through what has been probably the biggest change of your life to date. For all the other students, good job on pushing through yet another semester.

However, we are not done just yet. Thanksgiving came late this year, which means after this week of classes, we are in the heart of finals season. Now is not the time to start day-dreaming about winter break. And for those who have procrastinated during finals week in the past, you know that nothing good comes from that. Start gathering your coffee and energy drinks and find a quiet place to hide away until your finals are over. We wish you luck on your final exams and projects.

Though with the holidays right around the corner, it is only fair that finals may be the last thing on your mind. For one of the most “wonderful times of the year,” it may be hard to truly get into the spirit with the looming threat of finals. Remember to stay positive. You will make it through finals week, no matter how hard it may seem.

But once you do leave for break, be sure to enjoy your time off. Go on a mini-vacation, take a roadtrip, visit family or just lounge around in bed. Winter break is a time to recuperate after a long fall semester, so be sure to take full advantage of the ability to sleep in. Just be safe with whatever you do because we all know how unpleasant and unsafe traveling in the winter can be—we would like to see each and every one of you back here for next semester.

Good luck on your finals and have a wonderful winter break. Stay safe and enjoy your time off. We’ll see you in the spring.

Sincerely-

The Editorial Board