Police Blotter June-August 2013

On Sunday, June 23, a female student informed police that an unknown man was trespassing in West Apartments F. According to the complainant, the man entered a dorm room and appeared to be looking for food.

On Tuesday, June 25, a man was arrested for exposing himself at Stony Brook’s LIRR stop.  He has no affiliation with Stony Brook University.

On Saturday, June 29, a man who is not a student at Stony Brook was arrested at the Staller Center for violating an order of protection.

On Saturday, July 6, a man was pulled over by University Police on Nicolls Rd. and arrested for the possession of marijuana. He has no affiliation with Stony Brook University.

On Thursday, Aug. 1, a man with no affiliation to Stony Brook was arrested for criminal tampering in Dewey College.

On Thursday, Aug. 8, a non-student was arrested for violating a protective order at the Social and Behavioral Sciences Building.

On Friday, Aug. 9, a female with no affiliation to Stony Brook University was arrested for criminal tampering at the University Hospital.

Driving While Intoxicated

On Wednesday, July 17, a highly intoxicated, non-student was pulled over on Nicolls Rd. in a gray Hummer and charged with DWI.

On Thursday, Aug. 8, a male commuter student driving a blue van with a Florida license plate was pulled over after driving over a lawn on Nicolls Rd. The student was arrested and charged with DWI.