Stony Brook men’s basketball falls to Seton Hall

The Stony Brook men’s basketball team lost a close game to the Seton Hall University Pirates last night, 60-59. The Seawolves had a chance in the final seconds of the gauncoil could not deliver on a three-point shotoat the buzzer.

Leading all players in scoring on Friday evening was junior guard Dave Coley with 21 points, tying a career-high.

It was Seton Hall that struck out early first. The Pirates connected on seven three-pointers.

The Seawolves were able to claw their way back in the second half though, exchanging runs of success to a point later in the game when the two teams were tied at 55 points apiece. It was from this point, however, that the Pirates would take a lead that they would not surrender. The final minutes of the game lacked any offensive spurt by either team; both connected on two baskets.

Sophomore forward Anthony Mayo made it a one-point game with a dunk with 1:45 left in the game. The Seawolves had the ball with one last chance with 17 seconds left. The Pirates stepped up on defense though, and forced Stony Brook to throw up one last shot with 1.3 seconds left.

Stony Brook is now 8-4 on the season. It will next play Manhattan College at 2 p.m. on Tuesday. It will be the fifth in a series of five road games.