Pitbull and Rihanna, two big hits, produce new albums

PHOTO CREDIT: RIHANNA

“Global Warming” 2 1/2 Stars

Hide your DJs, because wherever there is a fiesta, a Pitbull record will more than likely be pumping through the speakers in the near future.

Pitbull, who has built a reputation around his danceworthy music, just released his new album “Global Warming,” in which he makes another attempt to take over the world while appealing to the masses.

Mr. Worldwide’s cameo filled album includes appearances from the likes of Chris Brown, Akon, Enrique Iglesias, Afrojack and more.

In “Don’t Stop The Party,” the house music infused dance track is the latest single off the album, while “Party Ain’t Over” features a not so impressive and pleading Usher who insists on having more drinks while the DJ turns the music up.

A very pregnant Shakira laced the track “Get It Started,” with her vocals, and Christina Aguilera is featured on “Feel This Moment,” which sampled A-ha’s “Take On Me.” Another familiar hook comes from Sheryl Crow’s “All I Wanna Do” in the staccato rhythm of the song “Have Some Fun,” which features The Wanted.

Pitbull introduced himself to the music industry back in 2004 with his single “Culo,” which means ass in Spanish. Now it is 2012, and Pitbull’s style seems to have changed significantly since then.

However, in a not-so-subtle track titled “Everybody F**ks” ft. Akon, Pitbull shamelessly raps about coaxing a woman into having sex because to him, there is no other topic worth discussing under the global warming sun.

“Unapologetic” 4 stars

No matter what Rihanna does, she still ends up richer at the end of the day, which she makes perfectly clear with the ‘stripper, weed smoking, I do not give a hoot’ lyrics on her highly anticipated album, “Unapologetic.”

Rihanna scored her 12th Hot 100 No.1 with “Diamonds” tying with The Supremes and Madonna for fourth place in the 54 years the rankings have been accounted for, according to Billboard.

Right after her successful 777 tour, she launched her ‘Nude’ fragrance to go along with the sale of her album.

She sings her heart out in the raw, tell-tale tracks. Some songs give insight as to what she thinks, and Rihanna is finally opening up a lot more as she spews obscenities with reckless abandon.

The bonus track “Half Of Me” addresses the public and its criticism toward the way she chooses to live her life.

“Love Without Tragedy” could have explicitly detailed her highly-publicized relationship with Chris Brown, but it was fixed with the Michael Jackson sample of “The Way You Make Me Feel,” in their duet, “Nobody’s Business.” This leaves listeners to assume that the couple is back together.

It would not be surprising if “Phresh Off the Runway” is the theme song for next year’s Mercedes-Benz fashion week.

2 Chainz makes a cameo appearance, and the tracks on the album, like “Right Now” produced by David Guetta and “Pour It Up,” are very diverse.  Her song “Jump,” from Ginuwine’s classic “Pony,” is also one of the club gems.

Rihanna may not be the best vocalist, but she makes it work with a ballad “Stay” ft. Mikky Ekko and “Get It Over With” where she depressingly sings about her experience of the stoner life.

She is now very emotionally connected to a lot of the meaningful songs that she sings on this album. It is evident mostly because audiences everywhere have watched important moments of her life played out in the public eye.