Police Blotter

Vandalism

An unidentified person lit a bulletin board on fire in Lauterbur at about 12:30 a.m. on Sept. 25, according to Stony Brook University Police. The case is still under investigation.

Harassment

A female student reported another female student in her class for harassment on Sept. 25,  according to a police report. The complainant stated that she was hushed by her classmate and felt threatened, the report shows. She later dropped the charges.

Golf Cart Stolen

University Police said a golf cart belonging to the facilities department was stolen on Sept. 26. This case is still under investigation.

Money Stolen from Car

Money was stolen from the center console of a car parked in the hospital parking lot, and the console of the car was also damaged on Sept. 26,  according to a police report. This case is still under investigation.

Hospital Gate Bent

A non-student bent the gate at the university hospital on Sept. 27 after driving through it, according to university police. The driver was found and will need to pay restitution, a police report shows.

Male Student Arrested for DWI

A male student was arrested for DWI near the main entrance on Circle Road at about 3 a.m. on Sept. 27, according to a police report.