Eat. Brew. Cook. Beer-battered grilled chicken

Dinnertime for college students can be one of the most trying moments of the day. We’re either starving for sustenance or slowly growing accustomed to missing meals. However, choosing to be innovative with your available ingredients can leave you full for the night and stocked up for days.

I decided to do exactly that with only a couple of beers from my fridge and chicken breasts.  It was hard for me to imagine a can of Bud Light transforming my dinner into something savory, but my hunger left me without a choice. I had to try it. Who knew the leftovers from a Thursday night out could be the key to a hearty and satisfying meal on a Friday evening?

In less than 20 minutes and with very minimal effort, dinner was served. And despite my hate for beer, the barley-based flavors added a tasteful tang to the juicy, tender chicken.  Serve it the way you want! Pair it with a side of rice or potatoes or wrap it cozily in a bed of greens.

Start by heating 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a pan over medium-high heat.

Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and char until golden brown (cook on each side for 3-4 minutes).

Remove chicken breast from pan and let it sit. Cook red onions over medium heat in the same pan for about 5 minutes. After, return the chicken breasts to pan. Thoroughly whisk the beer, honey, coriander, and Dijon mustard and pour over chicken breast. Let it simmer, flipping the chicken over several times to evenly coat it with the flavor. Cook until the liquid has thickened and reduced. Remove chicken from pan and drizzle leftover juices on top. Serve with your favorite side.

Keep in mind that you can manipulate the recipe by adding or subtracting ingredients that as you cook. Simply cater to your own taste buds and bon appetit!