Yung Gravy is the third Brookfest headliner in one week

Rapper Yung Gravy performs in Holland Park in July 2022. Yung Gravy was announced as the new headliner for Brookfest one night before the concert. JASON MARTIN/FLICKR

Brookfest has a new headliner for the second time this week. Rapper Yung Gravy will now perform after Lil Tecca dropped out, according to an email from the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) sent less than 24 hours before the concert begins. 

Bryson Tiller was originally scheduled to headline the annual concert for Stony Brook students but is recovering from a ruptured eardrum.

Tecca was announced as Tiller’s replacement just this Tuesday. But Tecca “is unable to perform due to circumstances beyond [USG’s] control,” according to the email. 

The email says that “tickets are non-refundable.” USG offered refunds after announcing Tecca as the headliner, but only for a few hours. 

Yung Gravy, generally associated with the “SoundCloud rap” scene, first made a name for himself with his Platinum single “Mr. Clean” in 2016. 

Since then, Yung Gravy has released four albums and seven EPs. He’s released collaborations with Lil Baby, Lil Wayne and more.

Recently, his 2022 single “Betty (Get Money)” peaked at No. 30 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Doors open for Brookfest at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, April 14 at Island Federal Arena. Fivio Foreign and Sevyn Streeter are still scheduled to perform as opening acts. Tickets are available online, ranging from $20 to $45. Physical tickets must be picked up at the Student Activities Center before 8:30 p.m on Friday.