Lil Tecca announced as new Brookfest 2023 headliner

Cover of Lil Tecca’s “We love you Tecca 2” album, released in 2021. Lil Tecca will be replacing Bryson Tiller as this year’s Brookfest headliner. PUBLIC DOMAIN

Rapper Lil Tecca will be the new headliner for Brookfest 2023, as stated in an announcement on the Undergraduate Student Government’s (USG) Instagram account. 

Tecca will replace Bryson Tiller, who dropped out of the lineup last Saturday due to a ruptured eardrum.

In 2019, Tecca secured a top 10 placement on the Billboard charts for his song “Ransom,” which was nominated for the 2019 MTV Video Music Award for Best Song of the Summer and the Billboard Music Award for Top Rap Song.

The co-owner of Galactic Records’ debut mixtape, “We Love You Tecca,” peaked at No. 4 on the U.S. Billboard 200. His debut album, “Virgo World,” was released in 2020.

In 2021, Tecca released the single “Never Left,” which peaked at No. 54 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. Also in 2021, he collaborated with last year’s Brookfest headliner, Gunna, on the single “Repeat It.” His second studio album was released later that year, titled “We Love You Tecca 2,” and was the sequel to his debut mixtape.

Most recently, in 2022, Tecca released a collaboration “Let Love Go” with singer Mabel.

Fivio Foreign and Sevyn Streeter, the other two artists for Brookfest 2023, are still performing. 

As a result of the change, USG made the decision to process ticket refunds, but only until 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 11. Refund details can be found on Instagram.

Brookfest is still scheduled for Friday, April 14 at Island Federal Arena at 6:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online. Stadium seats are $20 for Stony Brook students and $45 for guests.