Students can schedule appointment for Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine

The outside of the Stony Brook Student Union. Students can get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine here on April 8 and April 9. SHAH ALI HAIDER SHANTO/THE STATESMAN

Stony Brook University is offering students the opportunity to get the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at the Student Union.

Students can receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which only needs a single dose to be effective, by completing the appointment form included in an email sent out on April 6 and bringing the New York State Consent and Attestation forms and a student ID to their vaccine appointment. 

Appointments are available Thursday, April 8 and Friday, April 9 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. Those who have received another vaccine are not available to receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

The university is also alerting students to appointments to receive vaccines off campus at two Stony Brook Medicine points of distribution over the weekend. 

The first appointment, for the Moderna vaccine, is on Saturday, April 10 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Advanced Specialty Care in Commack. The second dose will be administered Saturday, May 8. 

The second appointment is for the Moderna vaccine on Sunday, April 11 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Setauket Fire Department on Nicolls Road. The second dose will be administered Monday, May 10.