Overheard on Campus: Sept. 21

Huddled in packs beneath an overpass behind the Javits Lecture Hall, there are people who are’hellip;talking. People are talking on line at the Student Activities Center, others are doing it in a stairwell. There are people who are talking while they are walking, on their cell phones and talking, talking, talking, talking; they must be saying something, because where ever you go you find people who are talking.

Find out what they are saying in this week’s Bits and Pieces’hellip;’hellip;Overheard on Campus

Outside the Old Chem Building:

‘Like, this random guy…like randomly sits next to me, and like, you keep calling him my boyfriend, and he’s not my boyfriend.’

Two males and a female smoking cigarettes outside of Javits:

Male: ‘I love the fries at Checkers.’

Female: ‘Them sh**ts is nasty.’

Second Male: ‘The way to make fries better is to add cheese. Better than that? You add bacon.’

Female: ‘But when they put all that nasty Ranch dressing up in it…them sh**ts is nasty.’

In Class:

‘In my other school, I had this physics teacher who used to drop a bowling ball on your desk if you weren’t paying attention.’

On a cell phone, in an elevator:

‘No, you listen to me. I talked to Eric, and Eric said YOU weren’t there; so, you are a liar-click’

Outside the Physics building:

‘You know, your IQ automatically goes up 5 points as soon as you enter this building.’