Senior Jeter lone postseason honoree in women’s basketball

Senior Kirsten Jeter was the only women’s basketball player from Stony Brook to be honored at the postseason awards banquet on Thursday afternoon in Hartford, taking home second-team all-conference and all-defensive team honors.

Jeter was also named second-team all-conference last season.

Jeter averaged a team-high 13.8 points per game and ranked third in the America East in scoring during conference play (15.7 ppg.).  Jeter led the America East in steals per game (3.0) and ranked 10th in t rebounding (7.0 per game).

She is the active America East leader in points (1,467), rebounds (739) and steals (246) and on Saturday she played in her 118th career game, tied for the most in program history.  Jeter ranks in the school’s top-10 in points (sixth), rebounds (seventh) and steals (fifth).

This season, Jeter also became the fourth player in school history and only the 18th player in conference history to have 1,400 points and 700 rebounds. She is also just four steals shy of becoming just the fifth player in America East history to have 1,400 points, 700 rebounds and 250 steals.

#8 Stony Brook will play #9 Maine at 6 p.m. in Hartford in the opening round of the America East Championship tournament. Follow along with a live blog at SBStatesman.com.