Seawolves Wrap Up Spring Season

Stony Brook University’s football team will wrap up its spring schedule Sunday afternoon by holding its annual Spring Game, an inter-team showdown between the offense and defense that will be open to the public. There were 15 practices leading up to the matchup. Now the team will give fans one last glimpse at what to expect in September, when the 2010-2011 season kicks off.

The game will include not only returners from last year’s squad but also some of the signees from the 2010 Spring Recruiting Class. One of them is Brock Jackolski, a running back and wide receiver who transferred from Hofstra University when the Long Island Rival’s football program folded.

“By this point, it feels like I was always a Seawolf,” Jackolski said, “I feel comfortable with the plays as well as the coaches and players. I’m excited to see how it all unfolds,” he continued.

The Seawolves will kick off next season facing South Florida on the road. With its successful conference championship season last year, Stony Brook earned a bull’s eye on its back. The Seawolves will be prime targets when visiting conference heavyweights like Liberty when league play begins in October.

Sunday’s game will give Stony Brook one last chance to tweak things in a game setting.

Kick-off is slated for 1:30 p.m.