Softball 2017 schedule includes trips to Florida, New Mexico

Senior infielder Lexie Shue takes a swing in a game against Sacred Heart University on April 13, 2016. ARACELY JIMENEZ/STATESMAN FILE

The Stony Brook softball team released its 2017 schedule last week, which will see the team partake in five tournaments and host 16 home games in the upcoming season.

The Seawolves will open their season on the road with three tournaments: in Madeira Beach, Florida, Feb. 23-25; in Nashville, Tennessee, March 3-5; and in Albuquerque, New Mexico, March 10-12. Tournament matchups have not yet been officially released.

The team’s first non-tournament game of the season will be against Seton Hall, on the road, on March 15.

Stony Brook will play in the St. John’s tournament, taking place from March 17-19, before hosting its first home games against Monmouth in a March 22 doubleheader before taking the ferry to Fairfield, Connecticut to take on Sacred Heart in a doubleheader the following day.

Following that doubleheader, the Seawolves will host their own invitational on March 25 and 26. After that, the team hits the road for four straight road games: a midweek game against Fordham on March 29, two games on April 1 and 2 against rivals Albany — the America East opener — and an April 5 matchup at LIU Brooklyn.

After the road trip, Stony Brook will have its first home conference games against UMBC. The team will head to Hartford for a doubleheader on April 12, before traveling up to play the reigning America East Champions, Maine, for a weekend series on April 15 and 16.

The Seawolves will then host five of their next six games. They will host Iona on April 18 before heading into Nassau County to take on Hofstra the next day. They will then host UMass Lowell on April 22 and 23 for another conference series. Stony Brook will play a single game at home against Hartford on April 26.

The Seawolves will the have a week off from conference matchups and take on Fairleigh Dickinson on the road for a doubleheader on April 28. They will then face Manhattan, their second non-conference opponent in a row, for a pair of games on April 30.

Stony Brook will close out the season at home with a weekend series against Binghamton on May 5 and 6.

This will be a final tune-up game before the America East Championships, held at the top seed’s site on May 10-13.