Students Gather for Annual Campus Involvement Fair

The Stony Brook High C's sing for students at the annual Campus Involvement Fair. (Kenneth Ho/The Statesman)

The Academic Mall was lined with tables of various clubs during Campus Lifetime on Wednesday, for the annual campus Involvement Fair.

Members of the clubs passed out flyers and brochures to spread information about their club. A few tables even had incentives to come see what their club was about, such as members of the Japanese Club who held a sign stating, “We’ll write your name in Japanese.”

The fair was so packed that it became difficult to see which club was at which table; however this did not faze students.

Cassandra Rose, a 17 year-old psychology major, stated that she was excited about the involvement fair. “I was really involved in high school and I want to stay involved in college,” she said.

Club members did not only stay at their tables attempting to recruit members. Many clubs had people walking around the  passing out flyers and other assorted material with information about how to get involved.

Along with club members walking the length of the Academic Mall, people with voter registration forms and surveys for new students also walked around.

Stony Brook Live and the Stony Brook  High C’s, musical groups  on campus, provided entertainment for the event.    Stony Brook Live, is a group comprised of musicians from around campus who play musical selections such as “Gotta Fly Now,” the theme from the movie “Rocky.” The High C’s, is a male a cappella group.

With clubs ranging from sports to culture, politics to community service, music and Greek Life, the Involvement Fair the diverse group of clubs on campus, which represents the diverse student body at Stony Brook.