Jackolski earns national award

RB Brock Jackolski (GoSeawolves.org)

Stony Brook junior running back Brock Jackolski (Shirley, N.Y.) earned national honors on Monday as he was named the Co-FCS Running Back Performer of the Week by the College Football Performance Awards.

In his first game in front of the Stony Brook fans, Jackolski led the Seawolves to a 31-14 victory over American International. On just 15 carries, he rushed for 167 yards, three shy of his career high, and two touchdowns. He averaged 11.1 yard per carry and even broke a 69-yard run.

Jackolski transferred to Stony Brook after Hofstra University dropped its football program last year. He teamed with fellow Hofstra transfer Miguel Maysonet (Riverhead, N.Y.) to torture the Yellow Jacket defense on Saturday, as the duo combined for 325 rushing yards. Maysonet totaled 158 yards, including a 48-yard touchdown run, on 20 carries.

Jackolski is sharing the award with Preston Brown of Tennessee State, who ran for 218 yards on 33 carries.

Stony Brook will be on the road this week, traveling to Providence, R.I. to face Brown University. Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m.