Men’s soccer drops fourth in a row

The Stony Brook men’s soccer team lost to Holy Cross by a score of 3-0 in the Dartmouth Classic Tournament in Hanover, N.H., Friday afternoon. The loss puts the Seawolves at 1-4-0 on the season.

Holy Cross was able to score at 22:00. Jon Werth scored from the right side past Seawolf goalkeeper Stefan Manz.

The Crusaders were able to shoot a lot early and get opportunities from the corner. Unfortunately for the Seawolves, Holy Cross was able to score again less than three minutes later, as Kyle Miller headed a cross from Werth. The Crusaders added their third and final goal in the 56th minute, when Kevin O’Connell scored.

Stony Brook was only able to get four shots in the first half, forcing Crusader goalkeeper Evan Polanik to save three of them. The Seawolves were to get some more shots in the second half, but couldn’t convert on their two big opportunities. Six of their eleven shots were saved by Polanik.

Manz made three saves, and was later replaced by Danny Bonomini in the 69th minute.

Both teams recorded yellow cards during a scrappy exchange early in the second half.

The Seawolves will take on fourth ranked Dartmouth to end the Dartmouth Classic Tournament at 2:30 Sunday. The game is the last of their opening six-game road trip.