Letter from the Editor: Welcome Back

The Statesman is changing. Every year the new editor writes this and writes those exact words. But this time there is a real change ahead.

As you can see from the issue you are holding, we have changed our look and increased the size of our paper.

The main reason for this is the recent decision of the editorial board to make the Statesman a weekley paper instead of twice weekely.

This decision was not one we took lightly, but in the end, we did it for editorial and financial reasons that will better provide you with a quality newspaper every week.

This year we are expanding our coverage and launching a brand new website, which we will post on whenever a new story comes out, not at specific times each week and not a week after the paper has come out. The website will become as important as the print edition and will have all the content from the paper and more.

We would like to welcome any new writers, photographers, copy editors and graphic designers  to join the Statesman and become part of this tradition.

We will be holding an open house on Wednesday, September 1’st for all students to come see the newly redesigned office and meet the editors and staff of the paper.

We have many plans for the paper and will promise that Statesman will remain a great paper and become even greater.

– The Editorial Board