A letter from Brittany Snow

This letter was submitted by Brittany Snow, a senior forward on the women’s basketball team.

Stony Brook has been my home for the past four years. The University and Stony Brook Athletics has shaped me into the person I am today. I came to Stony Brook because I believed in the vision of the women’s basketball program and I wanted the opportunity to be a part of something bigger than myself. The past four years at Stony Brook have been rewarding and memorable, but have gone by too fast.

As a freshman, I came to Stony Brook not knowing what to expect, but I knew I would have to give it my all in order to succeed. As a senior, I understand that giving your all is how to win and why we as a team have been successful in the past.

This is my last year to have the honor of wearing a Stony Brook jersey and I couldn’t be more excited about the people next to me. The culture Coach McCombs has created along with her coaching staff, my teammates, our advisors, and Mr. Heilbron’s ambition for our program have made Stony Brook something very special and a place contagious with excitement.

Stony Brook is transforming and I am lucky to be a part of something as big as I know Stony Brook will be. My only wish is that I had more years of eligibility.

I want my last season at Stony Brook to be the beginning of what is to come for Stony Brook Athletics. I wish for our season to be the stepping-stone to Mr. Heilbron’s goals and for it to be a solid foundation for Coach McCombs’ team’s culture in the future. I know that this team is special and I know my fellow seniors are one of the hardest working groups I have seen. For this reason, I am excited for our season and what this will mean to the people involved in our program.

Stony Brook Women’s Basketball has had so much success in the past because of our phenomenal band and the support of our Seawolves fans. Thank you to the band for playing at all of our games and always knowing how to pump us up in our warm ups. Thank you to our fans who support us no matter what, including in snowstorms and tough games. You guys really are the 6th man of this team and I hope to see you all Nov. 13 at 7 p.m. at our home opener against Iona College. Let’s make this a memorable season and go Seawolves!