Caridi and Murphy both win America East weekly honors

(PHOTO CREDIT: AMERICAEAST.COM)
Frankie Caridi and Courtney Murphy both won America East awards for their performances this week. (PHOTO CREDIT: AMERICAEAST.COM)

Frankie Caridi continues her superb season with another Defensive Player of the Week award, her fifth of the season and her second win in a row.

Caridi’s goaltending has led the Stony Brook Women’s Lacrosse team to hold the nation’s top scoring defense, while individually leading the country in save percentage and goals-against average.

Caridi was a major factor in Stony Brook’s 2-0 week, allowing just three combined goals for a .800 save percentage.
Two of these goals were courtesy of Jacksonville, their lowest output in a game this season despite being the eighth best offense in the country.
This season the senior goalkeeper has a record of 10-2, as goals against average of 4.34, and a save percentage of .597.
Caridi’s freshman teammate Courtney Murphy took home her third Rookie of the Week award of the year, sitting atop the league in goals, goals per game, points, points per game and shooting percentage over the past seven days.
Murphy is behind only Dorrien Van Dyke in goals for the Seawolves, scoring in 10 of her first 12 outings.
She has found the back of the net 37 times this year, and has 51 shots on goal.
These two surging athletes look to pile on the win category as Stony Brook visits Yale on Wednesday.